India's test skipper Virat Kohli became India limited over captain after India's most successful captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni resigned from limited overs captaincy.
Team India will play against England under Virat Kohli captaincy in upcoming ODIs and T20 series which is starting from January - 15.
Earlier team India played 17 ODIs under Virat Kohli's captaincy but Kohli never played as a captain in T20 International for team India.
Let's have a look at some achievements of Virat Kohli in 2016 :
1) Team India played 12 unbeatable test in 2016 under the captaincy of Virat Kohli , winning the series against England , New Zealand and West Indies .
2) Virat Kohli became the first Indian captain to score two double centuries in tests.
3) The Delhi batsman scored four tons in Indian Premier League 2016.
4) He scored three double centuries in 2016 which came against West Indies ( 200 ) , New Zealand ( 211 ) and England ( 235 ).
5) He was selected as captain for ICC ODI team of the year .
6) He was also elected as captain of Australia's ODI team of the year .
7) He achieved his 24th century becoming the fastest to touch this milestone .
8) He became the fastest Cricketer to score 7000 runs in One Day International .
India's most successful captain - MS Dhoni :
On Wednesday, India's Former captain MS Dhoni stepped down as the captain of India's limited overs Cricket.
MS Dhoni is the only captain in the world who won 3 major ICC Trophies including , T20 world cup in 2007 , ICC cricket world cup in 2011 and Champions trophy in 2013 .
Former Indian captain and present coach of India - A team Rahul Dravid said to ESPNcricinfo, " It is a good time to let Virat Kohli take over and have enough time to be able to build a One Day team for next world cup " .