As voting ended on Sunday, the Exit polls presumed the astounding victory for the BJP party in the civic election of Delhi, giving the BJP party, more than 200 out of 270 seats. A 54% turned out overall, it was almost the same in the year 2012 when 53.9% polling was recorded. The rival parties fixed the election as a report card of Arvind Kejriwal, Chief Minister’s two year old Aam Aadmi Party Government. The Congress party and AAP party hope to seize the power from BJP party. From last two terms BJP party has governed the Municipal Corporation of Delhi.
10 Developments are:-
1. From the average of two exit polls the BJP party have 216 seats, AAP party have 25 seats and Congress party have 26 seats. India Today-Axis exit poll supposed that BJP party may bag between 202 and 220 seats, whereas AAP party and Congress party will score around 23-35 and 19-31 seats.
2. The reports alleged by Arvind Kejriwal, Chief Minister for EVM malfunctioning were coming from the Capital. Arvind Kejriwal tweeted, "Reports from all over Delhi of EVM malfunction, people wid voter slips not allowed to vote. What is SEC doing?" the allegations of EVM by Arvind Kejriwal in the run up to the MCD-elections. It has provided Generation-1 EVMs for the polls, describing them as "foolproof" said by Election Commission.
3. 18 EVMs are replaced after polling started, it was normal for Election Commission as said, "EVMs are machines and hence, they need to be changed due to technical issues... It has been proved that EVMs cannot be hacked, they are robust machines."
4. In the morning Arvind Kejriwal said, ‘Vote against filth, vote for dengue free, Chikungunya – free Delhi,’ he said after casing the vote at the civil lines polling booth.
5. After thrashing in Punjab and Goa in assembly election. The Civic Election is crucial for the Aam Aadmi Party. The AAP party has lost the Rajouri Garden assembly by-election ahead of two polls.
6. Like recent elections, BJP party handled the Delhi Civic polls with Political Precision. The party biggest names, Amit Shah, Smriti Irani and Rajnath Singh has paraded and carefully recruited power players from Rivals.
7. In Delhi the Congress party hopes to redirect after multiple washouts. But Rahul Gandhi who is Congress party Vice-President was missing from the campaigns, in the days ahead of voting. Ajay Maken the parties Chief got immerse in a rebellion. A week ahead of the polls, the party top leader Arvinder Singh Lovely and Barkha Shukla Singh joined the BJP party.
8. The campaign was hard and bitter between these three players. Arvind Kejriwal on the last day of campaign told the voters that, "If you vote for the BJP then you will be responsible if you have dengue in your family.” BJP party is also accused by Arvind Kejriwal for disrupting electricity and water supply to damage AAP party’s chance.
9. Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan the Swaraj India new political party leader which is being led by them. They have made the electoral debut with the Civic Body Elections.
10. Directed in 2012 the Municipal Corporation into North Delhi Municipal Corporation, East Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Corporation. 272 wards are there in the 3 Municipal Corporation, NDMC and SDMC have 104 seats each, EDMC have 64 seats. All the Thee are been ruled by BJP party currently.