coronavirus update indiaas on : 25 November 2020 05:48 GMT+5:30
RJD Leader Tejashwi Yadav Releases Manifesto For Bihar Polls, Says "Not Promising 1 Crore Jobs",Dig At Nitish Kumar
Mr Yadav's promise of 10 lakh government jobs - which has won him the most cheers at his hundreds-strong rallies - has been ridiculed by the BJP
RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav Releases Manifesto For Bihar Polls, "Not Promising 1 Crore Jobs", Dig At Nitish Kumar
New Delhi: RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav relased the party manifesto for Bihar elections today reiterating his promise of 10 lakh jobs and better health infrastructure. Also, he hit out at the saffron party for trying to "fool people".
"Our promise for 10 lakh government jobs is genuine. We could have also made fake promises of 50 lakh jobs like the BJP government and the double engine government," said Mr. Yadav inflating the BJP's poll promise of 19 lakh jobs in Bihar.
BJP made the promise in the poll manifesto a day after Deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi questioned how the CM candidate of the Grand Alliance plans to fund 10 lakh jobs "The Bihar government can easily provide 4 lakh jobs... The state has a budget of ₹ 2.13 lakh crore of which only 60 percent has been spent. Nitish Kumar has not been able to spend the remaining 40 percent, which is ₹ 80,000 crore," the leader of Opposition said.
"We want to make Bihar better. For this, we have to compete with the national employment average... This is our promise for change. It is a vow. We will make it a reality. I repeat, Nitish Kumar is not being able to manage Bihar. He is tired," said Tejashwi Yadav, who has been targeting BJP-hacked CM Nitish Kumar over the issue of unemployment, pandemic mismanagement, and indifference towards migrants.
For the new government, Bihar will vote across three phases starting October 28, with results due November 10.