coronavirus update indiaas on : 19 September 2020 05:18 GMT+5:30
Rajasthan Political Crisis: Party Resolution Targets Sachin Pilot,Team Ashok Gehlot At Hotel
Deputy CM Sachin Pilot, who has been camping in Delhi with his MLAs, has said he will not be attending the meeting.
Rajasthan Political Crisis: Party Resolution Targets Sachin Pilot, Team Ashok Gehlot At Hotel
New Delhi: The Deputy Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Sachin Pilot had rebelled against the Congress leadership today. The Deputy CM of Rajasthan, Sachin Pilot has claimed the support of 30 MLAs and has refused to attend the key meeting of the Congress MLAs called by the Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot today,which is a huge sign that he might be next to Jyotiraditya Scindia to exit the Patry.
Mr. Avinash Pande, Rajasthan Congress in charge said that a whip has been issued to all the party MLAs to be mandatorily present at Congress legislative party meeting to be held on Monday morning, added that strict disciplinary action will be taken against anyone who is absent without mentioning any reason.
On being asked if he met Sachin Pilot in Delhi feigned ignorance about the latter's presence in the national capital.
Here are 10 points:
1. So far 97 of 107 Congress MLAs have arrived at the Chief Minister's home in Jaipur so far. Whereas two ministers are missing. The sources in the party believe that Sachin Pilot and the Congress chief in Rajasthan have no more than 10 MLAs on his side.
2. In Jaipur, Sachin Pilot stayed away from Mr. Gehlot's show of strength in Jaipur whereas the Congress leader despatched to Jaipur from Delhi and urged "Talk to us." The posters of Sachin Pilot were put back up in the Rajasthan capital after party workers removed them earlier today. Sources in Congress said that Mr. Pilot is not in direct touch with the Gandhis and is still negotiating with the BJP.
3. Mr. Surjewala in a reference to Deputy CM Sachin Pilot, who deliberately skipped the meeting said that "Whoever wants to join the meet should just call Avinash Pandey and tell the time when he is reaching."
4. Mr. Pilot received a summons to appear for questioning, in a probe regarding complaints of trying to sabotage the state government prior to the Rajya Sabha elections. "Nobody wants to leave his home, but can't continue to put up with this kind of humiliation; my MLAs and supporters are extremely hurt and I will have to listen to them," he told me on the phone earlier this evening," senior journalist and political analyst. Javed Ansari wrote in his blog.
5. Amidst a deepening crisis in Rajasthan, the Income Tax has conducted a raid at the premises of Dharmendra Rathod and Rajiv Arora. Both have considered being close to CM Ashok Gehlot.
6. According to the sources, Congress' nemesis BJP will not be offering the Chief Minister post to Mr. Pilot, stating an issue of numbers and internal leadership issues. In order to form a government in Rajasthan, BJP needs the support of 35 MLAs. It has been also reported that the post of chief minister might go to Vasundhara Raje.
7. Rajasthan Congress in-charge Avinash Pande late into the night at a press conference after a legislature party meeting at Ashok Gehlot's residence in Jaipur said that “A total of 109 MLAs have signed a letter expressing their trust and support to the government led by CM Ashok Gehlot and leadership of Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi. Few more MLAs had a telephonic conversation with the CM and they’ll also sign the letter of support till morning".
8. After winning the state elections in 2018, Sachin Pilot was made the Deputy Chief Minister. Out of the total 200, Congress holds 107 seats in the Rajasthan Assembly with the support of 12 Independent candidates.
9. The Congress also recieved the support of five MLAS from parties including Rashtriya Lok Dal, the CPM and the Bharatiya Tribal Party. The claim has also been made that the MLA's were offered up to Rs 15 crore to MLAs to switch sides.
10. After the exit of Jyotiraditya Scindia from the Congress party, Kamal Nath government collapsed in March. Mr Scindia joined Congress' arch nemesis BJP with 22 MLAs. He tweeted, "Sad to see my erstwhile colleague, @SachinPilot too, being sidelined and persecuted by Rajasthan CM, @ashokgehlot51. Shows that talent and capability find little credence in the @INCIndia."