coronavirus update indiaas on : 28 October 2020 04:51 GMT+5:30
Rajasthan Crisis: Congress Passes Resolution To Drop Sachin Pilot,Other Rebel : 10 Points
Sachin Pilot, whose demands reportedly included Chief Ministership, seems set to be the next high-profile exit after Jyotiraditya Scindia.
Rajasthan Crisis: Congress Passes Resolution To Drop Sachin Pilot, Other Rebel: 10 Points
New Delhi: Congress passes resolution to drop Sachin Pilot, two other ministers from Rajasthan cabinet for anti-party activities. The assembly speaker has issued notice to nineteen rebels and asked to respond by Friday.
Rebellion Sachin Pilot has skipped the second meeting today with the Rajasthan MLAs after the congress invited him last to "come and sort out the dispute" ." Sachin Pilot Ensnared By BJP To Bring Down Government In Rajasthan".
Last night the Sachin Pilot's camp released a video showing at least 16 MLAs, hours after the CM Ashok Gehlot along with the MLAs flaunts the victory. However, the Congress party managed to send 100 leaders to a resort to save the party from collapsing.
Top Updates in the story:
1. The notice to the rebellion Sachin Pilot and other MLAs ask them why they should not be disqualified for anti-party activities and fro skipping t=meeting of Congress MLA.
2. On Tuesday Sachin Pilot sacked as Deputy CM and removed as state Congress chief"The truth can be harassed but not defeated," Sachin Pilot reacted in a tweet.
3. Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot is likely to rework his cabinet today to fill vacancies and possibly accommodate more to keep his flock together
4. The BJP which had a keep an eye on the Congress turmoil so far, made the first big move today. The BJP has said that Sachin Gehlot must face floor tests and despatched a lear, Om Mathur,to Jaipur
5. Sachin Pilot's revolt seems to have eroded Mr. Gehlot's number. Ashok Gehlot had invited all 107 Congress MLAs and 15 other independent and allies. As per the party leader, 106 of these 122 MLAs attended.
6. To take power in Rajsthan the BJP which has 73 MLAs, needs the support of another 35
7. In Jaipur, Sachin Pilot stayed away from Mr. Gehlot's show of strength in Jaipur whereas the Congress leader despatched to Jaipur from Delhi and urged "Talk to us." The posters of Sachin Pilot were put back up in the Rajasthan capital after party workers removed them earlier today. Sources in Congress said that Mr. Pilot is not in direct touch with the Gandhis and is still negotiating with the BJP.
8. According to the sources, Congress' nemesis BJP will not be offering the Chief Minister post to Mr. Pilot, stating an issue of numbers and internal leadership issues. In order to form a government in Rajasthan, BJP needs the support of 35 MLAs. It has been also reported that the post of chief minister might go to Vasundhara Raje.
9. Rajasthan Congress in-charge Avinash Pande late into the night at a press conference after a legislature party meeting at Ashok Gehlot's residence in Jaipur said that “A total of 109 MLAs have signed a letter expressing their trust and support to the government led by CM Ashok Gehlot and leadership of Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi. Few more MLAs had a telephonic conversation with the CM and they’ll also sign the letter of support till morning".
10. After winning the state elections in 2018, Sachin Pilot was made the Deputy Chief Minister. Out of the total 200, Congress holds 107 seats in the Rajasthan Assembly with the support of 12 Independent candidates.