Australia opening batsman David Warner scored a brilliant century ( 179 runs in 128 balls ) against Pakistan in fifth and final ODI in Adelaide on Thursday. Warner hammered 19 fours and 6 sixes, following Opener Travis Head who also scored his maiden ODI hundred.
David Warner and Travis Head both stands 284 runs record partnership for first wicket.
Australia lifts the series by 4-1 against Pakistan.
Records achieved by Warner in this Match :
• This was David warner highest individual score ( 179 runs ). His previous best was 178 runs against Afghanistan in World Cup 2015 at Waca.
• The Sunrises Hyderabad batsman also becomes the third highest Australian batsman in ODIs after all rounder Shane Watson 185 runs against Bangladesh and former Australian opening batsman Matthew Hayden 181* runs against New Zealand.
• Warner also hit second highest score versus Pakistan after Indian skipper Virat Kohli scored 183 in Mirpur, 2012.
• David Warner and Travis Head achieved highest partnership against Pakistan, The duo took over England Alex Hales and Joe Root 248 runs partnership.
• Warner surpassed his previous partnership record for any wicket, 260 runs stands with Steve Smith against Afghanistan in 2015.