Swiss Tennis player Roger Federer expects to take nearly two months off after winning the Miami Open with his only 2017 clay-court tournament being the French Open.
The 35-year-old Tennis player thrased Rafael Nadal in Miami on Sunday, to claim his third title since January.
Roger Federer, who sat out the second half of 2016 to recover from a knee injury, says rest will help him prepare for the French Open, which starts on 28 May.
"When I am healthy and feeling good, I can produce tennis like this," he said.
"When I am not feeling this good there is no chance I will be in the finals competing with Rafa," the 18-time Grand Slam winner told ESPN on court after the victory.
"That is why this break is coming in the clay court season, focusing everything on the French, the grass and then the hard courts after that.
"I'm not 24 anymore so things have changed in a big way and I probably won't play any clay court event except the French."
The dream continues," Federer said after the win. "It's been a fabulous couple of weeks. What a start to the year, thank you to my team and all who have supported me, especially in my more difficult challenging times last year."
"I know everybody is working very hard on your team to get you back in shape, and keep going," said Federer. "The clay-courts are around, so I'm sure you are going to tear it into pieces over there."