coronavirus update indiaas on : 22 September 2020 06:08 GMT+5:30
PM Modi On Coronavirus Pandemic: "Janta Curfew" On Sunday From 7AM To 9PM
"I assure the country that several steps are being taken to ensure there is no shortage of basic things like milk, medicines, food items... The supply won't stop, no need for panic-buying": Says PM Modi
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation amid a global coronavirus crisis. PM Modi appealed to all citizens of India to observe a "Janata Curfew" on Sunday, March 22 as a test runs for social distancing over the next few days to fight the spread of coronavirus. As part of the self-curfew, the Prime Minister said everyone must stay home from 7 am to 9 pm that day and abide by it. Coronavirus cases in India climbed to 173 on Thursday after 18 new cases were reported. To check the spread of coronavirus, which has claimed over 8,000 lives globally and infected more than two lakh,
India had already suspended visas for the vast majority of foreigners seeking to enter the country. No international flights will be allowed to land in India from Sunday for a week, the government announced today escalating measures to fight coronavirus.
Here Are The Highlights of PM Modi Speech:
* PM Modi on coronavirus pandemic: "The world is passing through a huge crisis, more countries affected than World War 1 and 2"
* 130 crore Indians have faced the corona scare. Every Indian has tried to adopt precautionary measures. But in the past few days, it seems we have evaded the crisis. The thought that we are safe from the pandemic is not correct. We all Indians need to be stark.
* Whenever I have asked something from you, you have never let me down. Today I am here to ask something from you. I want a few weeks from you. I want your time in the upcoming times. There's no cure for corona globally. There are no vaccines available. In countries where corona has had a massive impact, it seems the virus exploded after the initial days.
* India is tracking everything that is happening in the world. Some countries have detected and isolated their citizens to curb the spread. The role of their citizens was massive in those countries.
* The growing challenge of the corona is not a simple thing. It is wrong to assume that there will be no impact on India. Need to follow 2 things: Resolve and Restraint.
* Please stay indoors over the next few weeks unless absolutely necessary, says PM Modi.
* Appealing to the people to follow social distancing, PM Modi says caution must be practiced to ensure that all of us are safe from contracting the coronavirus infection. He calls for avoiding all non-essential outings.
*PM Modi calls for a 'Janata Curfew', on this Sunday which he says would mean a curfew imposed by the people on themselves in order to prevent the spread of the disease. On Sunday-day of Janta curfew-at 5 pm take time out to appreciate and thank all who are working in the frontlines to fight coronavirus. They are risking their lives to do so for you.
* Keeping in mind the economic challenges arising out of coronavirus, the government has decided to form COVID-19 Economic Response Task Force under the guidance of the Finance Minister.
* Supply of essential items like food, milk, and medicines will not stop. Stop panic buying."
For India News Click Here