coronavirus update indiaas on : 20 September 2020 06:25 GMT+5:30
India-China Calls Of Their Troops From Galwan Valley
Reports of the pull-back in the last 24 hours have emerged three days after PM Modi surprise visit to Ladakh
India-China Standoff: Chinese, Indian Troops Pull Back From Clash Site In Galwan, Buffer Zone To Be Created: Source|Updates
New Delhi: The Chinese troop in the first sign of drawback along the disputed Line Of Actual Control, Chinese troops have reportedly "shifted" over a kilometer from the site of the June 15 violent clashes at Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh.
The re-location of the troops has taken place on both sides. To avoid escalation a buffer zone has been created, added the source. The buffer zone is equidistant from both sides. In the bitter standoff, the Indian and the Chinese armies are locked in multiple locations in the eastern Ladakh for around two months.
The tension escalated manifold after 2o Indian Indian soldiers were killed in a violent clash in Galwan Valley on June 15. China has removed temporary structures “PLA seen removing tents and structures at Patrol Point 14,” the source said.
India has been insisting on restoring status quo ante in all areas of the eastern Ladakh to restore peace and tranquility in the region.
Indian and Chinese militaries held an over 10 hour Corps Commander level dialogue last week, with a focus on finalizing modalities for the disengagement of troops from the various standoff point in the eastern Ladakh, and explore ways to ease tension in the region.
The focus of the talks was also on finalizing the modalities for de-escalation, and disengagement of troops from various friction points, the sources said adding there were deliberations on confidence-building measures as well.
The Chinese state media had earlier this month reported that India and China have decided to disengage troops from the border in Ladakh in batches. Chinese government mouthpiece Global Times said that India and China agreed to disengage front line border troops in batches.
The two sides also agreed to take effective measures to ease the situation in the border areas, the report had added.
In the report, Indian sources had said that both armies emphasized the need for an "expeditious, phased, and stepwise" de-escalation as a "priority" to end the seven-week bitter standoff in eastern Ladakh.
Ajit Doval, National Security Advisor of India and Wang Yi, State Councillor and Minister of Foreign Affairs of China spoke on the telephone.
In their conversation on Sunday, the two Special Representatives had a frank and in-depth exchange of views on the recent developments in the Western Sector of the India-China border areas.
They agreed that both sides should take guidance from the consensus of the leaders that maintenance of peace and tranquillity in the India-China border areas was essential for the further development of our bilateral relations and that two sides should not allow differences to become disputes. So it was necessary to ensure at the earliest complete disengagement of the troops along the LAC and de-escalation from India-China border areas for full restoration of peace and tranquillity.
Amid reports of Chinese troops'' withdrawal from the Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh, former Union minister and Congress leader Anand Sharma termed it as a "positive" development and insisted that there is a need for "eternal vigil".
"Disengagement and de-escalation on LAC is a priority. India must insist for pull back at Pangong Tso. There is a need for the eternal vigil," said Sharma.
The head of the foreign affairs department of Congress also said that China needs to "realize that stability" and peace at the borders and restoration of status quo ante is a must to "rebuild trust."