coronavirus update indiaas on : 30 November 2020 05:44 GMT+5:30
Governemnt Bans PUBG MOBILE Among 118 Additional Chinese Apps
PUBG MOBILE Game And 118 additional Chinese apps banned by government
Government Bans PUBG MOBILE Among 118 Additional Chinese Apps
New Delhi: PUBG MOBILE is among 118 more Chinese apps banned by the government after the resh tension over Chinese provocation in Ladakh.
As per the Ministery of Electronic and Information Technology, the mobile game has been banned under the Section 69A of the Information Technology Atc, on grounds that "they are engaged in activities which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, the security of the state and public order".
The citing security reasons, government had earlier banned 59 mobile apps including Bytedance's TikTok, Alibaba's UC Browser and Tencent's WeChat.
The ministry said that it had received many complaints from various sources including several reports about the misuse of some mobile apps available on Android and iOS platforms for stealing and surreptitiously transmitting user's data in an unauthorized manner to servers that have a location outside India.
The compilation of these data, it's mining, and profiling by elements hostile to national security and defence of India, is the matter of the very deep and immediate concern which requires emergency measures.
Government blocks 118 mobile apps which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, Defence of India, Security of State and Public Order: Govt of India— ANI (@ANI) September 2, 2020
PUBG MOBILE Nordic Map: Livik, PUBG MOBILE LITE, WeChat Work & WeChat reading are among the banned mobile apps. pic.twitter.com/VWrg3WUnO8
The home ministry's cybercrime center also recommended blocking these "malicious apps" said the government.
Whereas the statement referred to the bipartisan concern, flagged by the various public representative in the parliament and outside. It also said that there had been a strong chorus in the public space to take strict action against Apps" that harm India's sovereignty as well as the privacy of our citizens".
The decision to ban the Chinese apps came after the reportes of provocative action taken by Chinese troops in the South Bank of Ladakh's Pangong Lake. The government said, that the Chinese troops had made a similar attempt on August 31, but was stopped with Indian army.
The clash between the two nations have been going since May. This had claimed the life of 20 soldiers at Galwan Valley, in June. China also suffered casualties but has not revealed the number.