coronavirus update indiaas on : 03 June 2020 04:29 GMT+5:30
Chandrababu Naidu Says, "Tried To Reach Out To Prime Minister Narendra Modi, He Was Unavailable"
Chandrababu Naidu's TDP has decided to pull out of the Narendra Modi government after the centre ruled out Special Category Status for Andhra Pradesh
- Vishabh Saini
- Posted by
- March 08, 2018 03:27 IST
New Delhi : Chandrababu Naidu's Telugu Desam Party (TDP) has decided to pull out of the Narendra Modi government after the centre ruled out Special Category Status for Andhra Pradesh. Mr Naidu said announcing that he was withdrawing both his ministers from the central government.
Here Are Chandrababu Naidu's Main Lines From His Press Conference:
1. As a courtesy and being a responsible senior politician, I tried reaching out to the Prime Minister to inform about our decision but He was unavailable.
2. I would like to see how the BJP will now react, then plan a further course of action.
3. I don't know what mistake I have done. Why are they speaking such things? The centre is not in a mood to listen.
4. Arun Jaitley suggested we were asking for so much money and wanted too much from the centre.
5. I tried several times to my utmost capacity to change the BJP government's minds, even at the last minute.
6. I never thought about my ego or self-respect, have been Chief Minister for nine years; was convenor of the United Front.
7. It's a crucial time. We have to stand, we have to fight, we have to get it done.
8. When the purpose of joining the union cabinet hasn't been fulfilled, it's best to resign now. The centre has been taking one-sided decisions and our patience has run out now.
9. I am not angry with anyone. This decision has been taken only to benefit the people of Andhra Pradesh
10. We have been raising the matter since the day of budget. But they (Central Government) did not respond.