coronavirus update indiaas on : 22 September 2020 06:08 GMT+5:30
Filmmaker Rohit Shetty Turns 45 Today
Rohit Shetty is an Indian film director and producer.
- Vaishali Bharti
- Posted by
- March 14, 2018 03:26 IST
New Delhi : Today action director Rohit Shetty has turned 45. His work as a filmmaker includes the films Golmaal, Golmaal Returns, Golmaal 3, Singham, Bol Bachchan, Singham Returns, Dilwale and Chennai Express, for which he was nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Director.
Take a look at the Rohit Shetty's career journey.
1. He was born to Ratna, a Bollywood junior artiste, and actor/stuntman M. B. Shetty who had acted in Hindi and Kannada films. He has four siblings.
2. He started his career at the age of 17 as an assistant director with Kuku Kohli during Phool Aur Kaante.
3. Rohit assisted Kuku Kohli in Ek Aur Kohinoor, which was never released. He also worked with him on Suhaag, Haqeeqat and Zulmi.
4. He started working with Anees Bazmee on Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha, followed by Hindustan Ki Kasam and Raju Chacha.
5. In 2003, Shetty directed his debut feature film, Zameen, as an independent director with Devgan at the age of 30. Zameen did average business at the boxoffice.
6. He rose to fame after he directed the 2006 comedy film, Golmaal: Fun Unlimited starring Ajay Devgan, Arshad Warsi, Tusshar Kapoor and Sharman Joshi.
7. In 2008, he directed his third film, Sunday, starring Devgn, Warsi and Ayesha Takia. Sunday was a comic-thriller.
8. Shetty's second 2008 project, was the sequel to Golmaal, titled Golmaal Returns.
9. Shetty's Singham also featured Devgn in the title role, as a Police Inspector fighting against corruption. Singham was praised for the action sequences and direction, and Devgn's performance. His next release, Bol Bachchan, is a comedy-drama starring Devgn and Abhishek Bachchan. Bol Bachchan was a commercial success in India.
10. Shetty's Chennai Express became the highest-grossing Bollywood film in the domestic market, in 2013.
11. Shetty has played the judge of the television show Comedy Circus. Shetty was also a part of the 5th season of television stunt game show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi in 2014 as the host taking over from the previous host Akshay Kumar.
12. In 2014, he turned into a producer with Singham Returns, co-producing the film under his banner Rohit Shetty Productions. He reprised his part as host of the 6th season of Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi.
His last movie was 'Golmaal Returns' which was released in 2017. Right now he is judging a reality show 'India's Next Superstar' on Star Plus along with Karan Johar.
Happy Birthday Rohit Shetty!