The CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) will be conducting the first paper for Class 12, of English, today. Most of the students dread ahead of the English paper as it requires one to be well versed. Grammar is another area where many students score low, due to which the overall marks get affected. But if you have been revising your chapters regularly and have been reading different books to improve your vocabulary, you will easily score well.
Points to remember:
The English paper will carry 100 marks. The duration of the exam will be of 3 hours. Candidates should now focus on solving sample papers, so as to get an idea of time management.
English exam will consist of the three following sections:
Section A: Reading
Section B: Writing
Section C: Literature
The paper will be divided into three sections:
Section A: 20 Marks (2 comprehensions/passages)
Section B: 40 Marks (Letter writing, Report/speech, grammar)
Section C: 40 Marks (Literature)
Comprehensions/ Unseen passages: Candidates should thoroughly read the comprehension, at least twice, for the complete understanding of the passage. Candidates should note that the questions framed in the reading section are always in sequence.
Writing section: Candidates should express their thoughts clearly and using rich vocabulary. Use quotes or phrases by famous authors. This section analyses the writing skills and abilities. Remember to follow the correct format as well.
Literature: Lucid and coherent answers should be written in this section. Express views clearly. Only answer what is asked about. Read the questions carefully, before answering them. Presentation is also important while attempting the paper. Write neatly. Leave proper space, wherever required. Draw margins.
- Do not forget to carry your admit card at the time of the examination.
- Do not study for few hours before the exam. Grab some popcorn and talk with your family and friends, which will help you relax.
- Solve previous years question papers or mock question papers in order to learn time management.
- Do not think about how difficult or easy the paper would be. Just think about giving your best, and don't worry about the rest.
- Read the Section A thoroughly and then answer the questions.
- Divide the allotted time as per the sections.
- Try to finish sections A and B in the first half of the allotted time.
- Neat and legible handwriting, leaving space between the answers and underlining value points has a positive impact on the examiner.
Dailyaddaa Team wishes all the students best of luck!