New Delhi: Christmas supposedly marks the birth of Jesus Christ on December 25 but there is no mention in the Bible and also most historians actually believe he was born in the spring. Germans are thought to be the first to bring “Christmas trees” into their homes in the holidays and decorate them with cookies and lights.
Read Top 10 Interesting Facts About Christmas
1. The well-known reason we give presents at Christmas is to symbolize the gifts given to baby Jesus by the three wise men.
2. Christmas was not immediately accepted by the religious because of its roots in pagan festivals. From 1659 to 1681, it was illegal to celebrate Christmas in Boston.
3. Though Santa Claus has worn blue, white and green in the past, his traditional red suit came from a 1930s ad by Coca Cola.
4. The Red-Nosed Reindeer, popularly known as "Santa's ninth reindeer," is a fabled reindeer created by Robert Lewis May
5. “Silent Night” is the most recorded Christmas song in history, with over 733 different versions copyrighted since 1978
6. “Jingle Bells” was originally supposed to be a song at thanksgiving.
7. Christmas movie of all time is How the Grinch Stole Christmas. It’s the highest grossing movie.
8. Santa Claus delivering presents comes from Holland’s celebration of St. Nicholas’ feast day on December 6. Children would leave shoes out the night before and, in the morning, the shoes were filled with gifts. * St. Nicholas, the Man Behind the Story of Father Christmas/ Santa clause was a Bishop who lived in the fourth century in a place called Myra in Asia Minor(now in Turkey).